Am looking for a tutor/developer who could build while showing me how to build my interactive website using Directus within one month. Communication would be through email, chat, or video conferencing. Compensation is negotiable, but reasonably generous for the adequately knowledgeable and committed tutor. First 3 hours will be trial for both sides while paid. I am familiar with old school technology in general.
Hi Tanin, I would like to help you build your Directus site and explain each step as we go.
I’m Chuong, a student full-stack developer in Vietnam (GMT+7), working with Postgres, TypeScript/Next.js and Python. I built and run app.judge.zone solo (465+ users), code at Danchuong (Zhang Shan) · GitHub. To be upfront, I haven’t shipped a Directus project before, but it sits on Postgres and REST, which I use every day, and I’d set it up on my side before our first session.
What should the interactive part of your site do: user accounts, forms, a catalog, something else? And do you want the frontend in a framework like Next.js, or kept simple?
Happy to do your paid 3-hour trial first, for example setting up Directus with your first collections and a page that reads from them, so you can see how I explain things. Feel free to DM me here.
Hi, Chương.
Thanks for responding.
Purpose of this site is to provide tools to users from around the world to collaborate on building a knowledge repository about their own cultures, and discuss related topics.
Initially the site needs tools that would allow authorized users create the following components and features as needed: threaded discussion forums, dynamic timeliness, dynamic forms and questionnaires. It also needs a user management system for assigning roles and access to different areas of the site; dashboards for users and moderators; and a search and report system.
This site also needs a fully normalized, centralized database where all data from all features (such as forms, timelines, and discussion boards) go into, and auto-fill timeliness (so users can see what has been added to timeliness and what is missing).
The database needs to be centralized and fully normalized.
The above are intended to provide information for building the structure of the site. There are more features that the site needs, but those need to be built on top of the above structure.
As for the front end: a very user friendly interface is needed that would allow users interact with the site, and help with continuing to build the site by adding pages and content very easily.
Please let me know if you are interested in this project. And if you are, what questions you have.
Thanks
Tanin
Hi Tanin, thanks for the details. Yes, I am interested.
This maps well onto Directus: one Postgres database where every feature (forums, timelines, forms, questionnaires) is a set of related collections, Directus roles and permissions for user management, and Directus Insights for moderator dashboards. The user-facing site would be a simple Next.js frontend reading from the Directus API, so you can add pages and content from the Directus admin without code.
The full list is more than one month, so I suggest phases:
- Data model and roles: cultures, users, roles, timeline events, and the shared tables everything links to.
- Timelines with auto-fill and the “what is missing” view.
- Dynamic forms and questionnaires feeding the same database.
- Threaded discussions, search and reports.
For the paid 3-hour trial I would install Directus with you, design the core normalized schema together and set up roles, explaining each step.
A few questions:
- Do you have hosting in mind, or should we start locally and pick a cheap host later?
- Is a culture the top-level grouping, with timelines and forums inside each culture?
- Any expected number of users at launch?
My rate is 12 USD/hour, and I am fine with weekly payment by PayPal or Wise. Email is chuongdan2006@gmail.com if you prefer to continue there.
Chuong,
Did you receive my email?
Tanin